A JOURNEY WITH NO REAL DESTINATION

In December of 2010 I was diagnosed with Lupus/Mixed Connective Tissue Disorder. In March of 2011, I was diagnosed with Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome, type 3. The MCTD/Lupus Dx was incorrect, they should call EDS "ACTD", (All Connective Tissue Disorder)!
Since my Ehlers-Danlos diagnosis, I have read a few wonderful blogs that have inspired me and touched my heart. One blog brought me to my knees; I cried, my heart broke, I laughed, I smiled and I identified with this Katie's story. Reading her journey made me realize that I wanted to share my own.
Details are not something I spare and I have never been a girl of few words. I hope I inspire you, educate you, motivate you and touch your heart. I hope by writing this, I learn, understand and accept my new journey...Is there a destination?

Friday, April 13, 2012


 So! I am a strong enough person to say this...I AM SUCH A BABY! I had Prolotherapy for the first time today and it was not bad. Dr. A said that I will probably be uncomfortable once the Lido wears off but right now I feel great! I’m a little tired because I did get a Valium before the “procedure”. I wasn’t nervous enough to warrant a Valium but I “jump” when I get stuck and we thought that might help. Don’t get me wrong, 5 days prior today I was anxious enough for Valium but today I wasn’t. Well, I wasn’t anxious and nervous until I got to the Doctor’s office and that was with Valium. 
So, if you are considering Prolo, I can honestly say that the procedure part is not bad at all. The worst part was when my Doc was mixing the injections and he told me I couldn’t talk to him while he was doing that. I think I actually made it a whole 45 seconds before asking if I could talk to him again. I did have my friend Natalie there with me incase I needed to squeeze her hand, I don’t think I ever even did that. She only yelled at me once for not being relaxed!
Here’s a fizzy water toast to wonderful Doctor’s that mean what they say and say what they mean. Those are the ones that truly care, the ones we trust to do things that scare the daylights out of us. A second toast to fantastic friends that we can count on to be there for us, even when they are stressed beyond belief and have their own stuff they need to be doing. :O) 
Life is GOOD and Prolo aint 1/2 bad!
Just for my friend Anne, I did it! You can never call me JL! I didn’t cuss at my Doc like you did, I did’t cry or even whine and I didn’t even grab the table for dear life. Be proud of me! I did giggle when I thought about our conversation! They were probably thinking “What in the world is she giggling at?” 
Mark (Dr. C), I know you read this too! THANK YOU a MILLION GAZILLION TIMES for the support and advice!!! I know a Doc, his name aint Bo but he is a “Prolo Pro”! 
I’m going to take a nap, we have a dinner to go to this evening and I am tired! 
Gentle Hugs!
Ila the Jumping Bean



No comments:

Post a Comment