A JOURNEY WITH NO REAL DESTINATION

In December of 2010 I was diagnosed with Lupus/Mixed Connective Tissue Disorder. In March of 2011, I was diagnosed with Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome, type 3. The MCTD/Lupus Dx was incorrect, they should call EDS "ACTD", (All Connective Tissue Disorder)!
Since my Ehlers-Danlos diagnosis, I have read a few wonderful blogs that have inspired me and touched my heart. One blog brought me to my knees; I cried, my heart broke, I laughed, I smiled and I identified with this Katie's story. Reading her journey made me realize that I wanted to share my own.
Details are not something I spare and I have never been a girl of few words. I hope I inspire you, educate you, motivate you and touch your heart. I hope by writing this, I learn, understand and accept my new journey...Is there a destination?

Monday, April 23, 2012

Magnificent Monday

It's that time again! It's Magnificent Monday! It's time for updates and goals!
1. No Smoking. I need to continue to stay away from Cigarettes and the Electronic ones. I gave away a brand new carton of Andy's cigarettes so he won't smoke either. I know, I feel like a looser and bad influence for giving them to my friend to have but I'm happy not to have to look at them anymore. Temptation be gone! I have chewed Nicorette a few times this week when I felt like eating a pack of cigarettes. 

2. Go to the gym 5 times, light weights daily with 3 days of cardio.  Honestly, I blew this one last week, only made it to the gym twice. 

3. I also blew the reduce Coca Cola and sugar intake goal. I didn't drink as much as usual but drank more than I had hoped for. 

4. I did great with drinking water this past week and will keep that up!

5. Pace myself. Yeah right, what's that? 

6. Be open to other people's experiences and opinions, even if I disagree. I don't like to judge folks (even though I can be pretty judgmental), I like to help people, not hurt them. I was pretty harsh on a lady last week talking about a bad experience with one of my favorite Docs. I really hurt her feelings and that broke my heart. It took me a day or so but my anger turned to compassion and I knew I had some apologizing to do. Some people with EDS face horrid emotional issues that go along with 
their faulty collagen. I have to remind myself that some people just need someone to listen and care about them in spite of all their craziness. 

7. This week I am going to set a schedule for myself so that I am not running like crazy. 

8. I am going to listen more and talk less- especially to myself :O)

9. I am going to plan 5 EDS outreach projects for the month of May....Ehlers Danlos Awareness Month. My goal is not to make them BIG or Widespread...Just something that may help someone else. 

10. I'm going to keep doing nice things for people and keep sharing with the important people around me how special they are. (I've always been good at this but sometimes we take people for granted and I never want to do that)

11. Get a massage

12. I am going to practice quieting my mind and relaxing my body. 

13. Make T-shirts!

Have a great week y'all. I hope your week is filled with sunshine, smiles and sweetness. 

Hugs and Happiness 

Ila

No comments:

Post a Comment