A JOURNEY WITH NO REAL DESTINATION

In December of 2010 I was diagnosed with Lupus/Mixed Connective Tissue Disorder. In March of 2011, I was diagnosed with Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome, type 3. The MCTD/Lupus Dx was incorrect, they should call EDS "ACTD", (All Connective Tissue Disorder)!
Since my Ehlers-Danlos diagnosis, I have read a few wonderful blogs that have inspired me and touched my heart. One blog brought me to my knees; I cried, my heart broke, I laughed, I smiled and I identified with this Katie's story. Reading her journey made me realize that I wanted to share my own.
Details are not something I spare and I have never been a girl of few words. I hope I inspire you, educate you, motivate you and touch your heart. I hope by writing this, I learn, understand and accept my new journey...Is there a destination?

Sunday, April 15, 2012

Simply Sunday


So today is “Simply Sunday”, it’s been a good day but a busy one! Last week was busy and I don’t feel like I have rested as much as I should this weekend! Although, Going full-blast is much more fun than resting. Right? 
I did well last week with my goals. I didn’t smoke the electronic cigarette at all, I drank less Coca-Cola and I went to the gym 3 times. I hoped to make it to the gym 5 times but that just didn’t happen. I did a great presentation on EDS and had a little epiphany  myself. I did nice things for people as usual and I did nice things for myself. Sometimes I get so caught up in trying to make other people happy and smile that I forget I need to take care of me. 
My biggest accomplishment last week was that I didn’t chicken out of Prolotherapy! I did it and it wasn’t as bad as I thought it would be. The procedure was a little uncomfortable but not excruciating. I guess a lot of people request Conscious Sedation for the procedure and that scared me! Well, it in no way, shape or form warrants that type of anesthesia, the Valium and Lidocaine worked well for me. Andy told me yesterday that he did not like me very much when I got home from Prolo, he said I was pretty “out of it”. I told him that was the Valium and he told me that I was like a “shell” or a “ghost”. He said “Your spunk drives me crazy at times but I love that spunk”. I got tears in my eyes! He’s so sweet! I did make it to our Cadet dinner on Friday night and as soon as we got home, I went to sleep on the couch. Other than getting up to eat breakfast for about 10 minutes, I didn’t move from the couch until about 10 on Saturday Morning. Once I got moving I was okay, I wanted to sit but it was very tender to sit, I wanted to lie down but didn’t want to feel lazy and I wanted to walk around a lot. I just went with the flow. My biggest accomplishment for Saturday was going to a track meet, I lasted about 2 hours. 
Today has been an insanely busy day. I got up early and went to church. I get pretty emotional at church so I came home and decompressed for 1/2 and hour or so. Then with the help of Andy yelling, I got up and cleaned a little, cooked lunch-dinner for 10 people and made 2 awesome banana puddings. Yummmmy! Some of our Cadet’s that we sponsor here at West Point came over and we had an amazing time. We played Taboo and that is always good for a few laughs! Oh! I also got my friend Molly’s ticket booked to come and see me next weekend! As far as how I feel... My back has been just a tiny bit tender today but hardly at all.  I have had some “un prolo” related pain that is driving me Nuts!!!! It’s in my left leg and just won’t relent. I’m going to keep trying to ignore it and I am sure it will go away. Having Prolo treatments might just break me of my “Ibuprofen Dependence” !
Now our “Cadet Kids” are gone, our precious boys are in the bed and I am worn out! I’m going to snuggle up to my honey for a few minutes and then I am hitting the hay! I will post goals and ramblings for next week tomorrow! 

Before I close, I want to send a “FEEL BETTER SOON HUg” to my friend Beth and to my Friend Molly. I know they are both having a rough EDS day! Sleep well my friends, tomorrow is a new day! Here’s to y’all! “Pain, Pain, go away and don’t come back another day!”  
Love and Hugs,
~ila~  

2 comments:

  1. Didn't know you had a blog girl! Gonna follow you now. Did you see my blog on here too: www.potsgrrl.blogspot.com

    -Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yippeee! Sorry I didn't make it to the spa yesterday, I just wanted to be close to home and spend some time with my honey before he leaves on Wednesday! Read the "Ear" blog, you will love the "legal disclaimer" at the end! Maybe you can help me work on that! I'm glad I know about your blog! Big Hugs! Ila

    ReplyDelete